Georgia had an endoscopic procedure scheduled for Wednesday afternoon. We had to stay overnight afterwards. I was able to get off for the 2 days. Wednesday’s drive was kind of boring to San Diego. I drove until the San Diego outskirts. The navigator in the car makes it easier to get around, but there are limits.
The procedure went well after Georgia got in. Her procedure was delayed for over an hour because of the proceeding patient. I was in the waiting room when Georgia and bed were wheeled past. Since it was about 6PM, I was the last person waiting. The nurse said that they would get Georgia settled and then call me back.
Georgia was really drugged out. When the doctor came back to give the results, she was talkative and asked questions. I was told by the doctor to remember what he said because she would not remember any of it in the morning. He was right.
We drove to the hotel and I enjoyed the sunset over the ocean as we traveled past the Torrey Pines State Park. Georgia was not up to registering us, so I left her in the car. I was given permission to park at the north end in handicapped parking. Georgia was able to walk rather unsteadily to the room. Since she had not eaten anything for over 24 hours, she wanted some dinner. There was a small café on the hotel site where she got a ham and cheese sandwich.
She slept the night through and sure enough remembered little of the events of the night before. She did not remember anything about the visit with the doctor. Fortunately, I had the doctor’s notes and photographs.
On the way out of San Diego, I again stopped at the Torrey Pines State Park and picked up some more drift wood to replace what I lost. I hope to not burn this collection up. The smoky smell is almost gone from the garage.
Next week at work, we have a software upgrade. I will be working from Midnight Wednesday until 8AM. Both of my co-workers will be out with one being in a class in Phoenix and the other on medical leave. Oh, joy!
My new project for the week is a hair stick. I did not realize how many varieties that there are and the different hairstyles to go with them. It is something that I would like to be able to sell when I retire. We shall see. My first one is rather simple one. I am also looking at making barrettes.
Wishing you all a good week.
Randy and Georgia

No comments:
Post a Comment