I saw a quote that kind of symbolized what this week was
about. “Some days you win, and other days you learn.” I did both this week.
I went back to work on Monday. My badge and my computer ID
worked as they were deactivated while I was on medical leave. I was welcomed
back and dumped on with all the things that I was not there to get done. I am glad that I was missed. I had a number of emails to go
through which took up half of my first day back. All and all, it was a good
productive week as many projects were now able to continue. I also seemed to be
fighting symptoms of a sinus infection. Fortunately, by Friday, symptoms had
subsided.
Physical therapy (PT) this week was interesting. They said
that I had my range of motion back and that all they could do was strengthening.
That was interesting as it was only my 3rd visit out of 6. My strength is pretty
good too. I still think that the PT folks stay up nights thinking of additional
tortures to put patients through. My PT person must have not had enough time to
think about me this past week and maybe she got some sleep instead.
I have to remember that my shoulder is still healing and my
steri-strips are still wearing themselves off and that it has only been 3 weeks
post-surgery. I am back to exercycling for 30 minutes and then about another 30
minutes of stretching and strengthening each morning. I get the impression that
most patients do not do the exercises recommended by the PT folks. I am sure that is one of the reasons that I have the range in motion back.
I felt inspired that I needed to complete the little note
stands for my priesthood lesson on Sunday and had been pondering all week how
to get 36 additional note holders made between my shoulder, the amount of time
that I had, the possible sinus infection and I was pretty tired after working
each day. I came up with a number of things to do to help speed things up. One
of which was to use my fence from the bandsaw on my drill press. It uses magnets
to position itself. It worked great.
With the use of the
hole saw, I got the rest of the blanks cut out on Friday night. On Saturday
morning, I got the edges turned, sanded, holes drilled for a post, finish applied,
the metal posts cut to length, glued in, and glass beads applied. Anyway, it
only took me Saturday morning to get them all competed. That was good since the
glue that I used took 24 hours to dry and I needed to give them out the next
day. Georgia even came up with a colorful cloth to wrap the tray in for
transportation and for a surprise.
The class went well and the left over note holders I gave to the missionaries to give to their investigators with an idea of how they could be used. This was in part to make up for not being able to have made items for Christmas for them to give out which has become a tradition for me.
That’s it for this week. I hope that we all have a good coming week of winning and learning.


No comments:
Post a Comment