Work was work this week. I was kept busy with the projects
that I am on. I started testing with the lab instrument replacement software,
had the first kick off meeting for the infusion pump (IV) project and fixed
issues.
Our Windows servers are patched monthly. It rarely goes without issues.
This week was no exception. It took us all morning to recover on Tuesday. On
Thursday, we got a call from one of our vendors saying that one of our
interfaces was out, but it was working fine when we checked. What they called an interface was
not what we call an interface. YRMC was in deed having an issue, but it was not
us. We finally found out that it was a billing issue.
|
|
The hospital health record system is pretty involved with about 60 analysts. There is
a lot of security which only allows analysts to check in their respective areas.
Training is also per area. We have no one with a real good over all view of
things. I kind of think that is how they want it, but it makes it hard trouble
shooting an area like the above billing "interface".
I had somewhat a sleepless night on Wednesday. I finally
realized that I would be having surgery on my right dominant shoulder in 3
weeks. I have been trying to prepare by doing things left handed. Brushing my
teeth even with my electric toothbrush proved to be interesting. I am not
really looking forward to being left handed. It just needs to be done and we do
have a financial incentive for it this year.
![]() |
| Trees and Snowmen |
Last Saturday, I was
making Christmas trees on my lathe. During the week and yesterday, I
made snowmen. One might say, that I am getting into the Christmas spirit. I
gave 2 of my snowmen to 2 neighbor girls that are 5 years old. That is the only
kind of snowmen that they can decorate around here. The only find that I can
make too. In my shop I was listening and could have been watching Christmas
videos on my new TV set . One of my favorites is by the Piano Guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n543eKIdbUI . We have been privileged to have attended a couple of their
concerts in years past. I also enjoy this one that they came out with a few
years ago. It has Peter Hollens and David Archuleta in it. I also recognize members
from the cast of Studio C.
![]() |
| My Intarsia Nativity |
As
previously written about, we are not putting up a Christmas tree and are
instead putting up all of our nativity scenes. I believe that we counted up 21
of them. I really thought that we had more. Many of them we had purchased when
on vacation trips and some I have made myself. I will share the later with you
now. I will put the rest of them up in the next couple of weeks.
![]() |
| My Turned Nativity |
I was finished
for today’s DOG, but I ran into an issue with my car. I am on call and need to
be able to get to work from church if necessary. For that reason we drove separately with Georgia leaving before me for church to help at the library with her phone on quiet/silent mode ready for church.
Have I talked about car batteries in Arizona? I have found
that a car battery will only last between 18 months and 24 months here. The
heat is death on car batteries. The other thing is that they do not give you
any warning. I had my RAV4 checked a couple of months ago which included the
battery and everything was fine.
I went out to the garage, put my key in the ignition and my
RAV4 would not even give a click noise. The battery was dead and not only dead –
really dead. I tried calling Georgia and with her phone on silent, I could not
get her. I then decided that I could get a ride to church from a neighbor down
the street.
I walked down there and on the way, I found a $20 bill. I was able
to get the ride and found that they were selling their house. They will still
be in our ward, but moving into one of the mansions in the development just north of
us. I ended up giving the $20 to the Bishop to be used with the food drive we
are having.
Anyway, watch out for the “Apache” car batteries that sneek up on
you and attack without warning. We will trade cars in the morning and Georgia
will get a new battery after I give my car a jump. I am grateful for a very helpful wife.
I wish you all a good week and happy preparation time for Christmas and "Watch out for Apache Car Batteries".



No comments:
Post a Comment