Surgery is starting to get real. I have my pre-op visit with
the doctor tomorrow and a phone one (this time) with the hospital on Wednesday.
Georgia has been proactive in getting her ministering sisters to help us after
my surgery and her endoscopy procedure. When Georgia is having her procedure, I
will be getting my drain and 2 day check up/inspection at the doctor. We both
will need drivers for that.
At work, we are close to getting the Baxter infusion pumps
(IV) stations ready to test. We got the 3 test pumps in on Friday. We will need
to get them configured before we can start. I hope to get it tested before I
take leave for surgery. It is a good time to be out of the office as other
members of the implementation team will out for Christmas and New Year’s Eve. The
new pumps will save nurses much valuable time when the project is finished. The
hospital has a financial incentive to get the project completed by July.
Switching gears to hobbies: I am not exactly a wood hoarder,
but Georgia claims that I have more wood than she has fabrics. Humm, maybe she
is a hoarder too. In fairness to myself, it does take a while for wood to dry
enough to be used for wood turning. At least that is my story. I finally broke
out one of my larger pieces of wood from my stash and turned another style of
Christmas tree. I have been thinking about how to include lights in a turned
tree. It would certainly be more involved with drilling holes and resin. So
many ideas, projects and I have such little time.
I also dried some burl wood during the week for resin work and
I wanted to put a piece into resin a “Dragon Egg” that I have seen turned on
YouTube. I made the piece up and hopefully it will be ready to be turned next
week after curing. I ended up using too much dye for the lights to look right.
I am still learning how to work with this stuff.
We went to a local craft show at the fairgrounds after our
usual lunch at Kneaders. We have been looking for a better place to sell our
craft items. We walked past one table that had Native American pottery on
display and I had to stop. I looked at one piece and said “Shash”. The man at
the booth said did you say “Shash”. He is Navajo and was surprised that I could
speak Navajo. We talked for a little bit. His pieces were good, but too
expensive. I also have a number of pieces already.
We also found the table where the Sons of Norway had a food
booth. We each had an “Eibleskever” that was filled with Lingonberry jam. They
will be having a dinner in March. Hopefully they will not be serving Lutefisk (https://www.thedailymeal.com/travel/what-heck-lutefisk-and-why-do-minnesotans-eat-it)
- a Scandinavian Christmas delicacy. For those that don’t know, Lutefisk is
either cod or haddock that has been dried to be hard as a board for
preservation. It is reconstituted in lye and then boiled. A process that really
stinks. I remember Mom making it for Dad - once.
I am teaching the Elders Quorum today from a talk given be
President Erying in April General Conference about the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I
leave this quote from his talk: “I know that not only by what I have seen with
my eyes but more powerfully by what the Spirit has whispered to my heart.” I
have been thinking about that phase “whispered in my heart” this past week. It
is truly one for contemplation.
I close with a few more pictures of Nativity sets that we
have. It is fun having them scattered through out the house.
|
|
From Nepal
|



No comments:
Post a Comment