First, MaryBeth needed a bag for her first temple trip. I made a knock-off of one I had purchased for myself a while ago (with some improvements, of course). MaryBeth purchased what we thought would be plenty of fabric. It featured handwoven fabric on an outside zipper pocket.
After making the bag I asked her what she would like me to do with the extra fabric. She didn't care. So, I made a number of additional bags.
First came an "overnighter" bag that MaryBeth takes to work almost every day. It was from a sewing pattern I had purchased. Other than the zippers and button, I had all of the materials from other projects. It has several pockets inside.
Next came a tote that ended up going to MaryBeth's mother. It has a large pocket inside and one outside.
Finally there was a smaller purse from the leftovers of all of the projects above. It, too, went to MaryBeth. After all, what would I do with all of these items?
No comments:
Post a Comment