Sunday, October 21, 2012

Quilt Expo Part 2

Continuing the report from Georgia: The second day of the Expo Terry and I started out with a class about Etsy.com. I had heard of the site before, and wanted more information. The teacher covered a number of aspects of having a store on Etsy, and gave me some ideas. Perhaps I will start a store on Etsy.

Day Two continued with the rest of the classes on quilts made with scraps. I rounded off my classes that day with a class that promised "samples of dimensional flowers with finished wall hangings, using these flowers and other dimesional techniques will be covered in this lecture". Unfortunately the class only covered one technique, so I got bored rather early.

The third day of the Expo the first class I attended was about using straight seams to give a similar effect to the "Drunkard's Path" quilt piecing pattern. I am attaching two of the more successful quilts shown in this class.

The last class I took was on Asian-inspired quilts. The teacher had a number of quilts that she had done. Only two will be shown here.















The last thing Terry and I went to was a presentation on one of the stages showing tips and tricks for doing all over quilting using a home sewing machine. The teacher's website shows several of her finished projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment