Monday, September 5, 2011

Winter Visitors


The “Winter Visitors” or “Snow Birds” will be arriving in Yuma around the end of September to the middle of October, about 90,000 strong, when the temperatures go below 100 degrees.  

Many locals are of two camps as the population increases by half again. The restaurant owners, hospital and employees, RV dealerships and repair places will be happy. Those driving to work or going to restaurants, will not be so happy.  

The other night we were at a restaurant and found an interesting bumper sticker on one car. It read “When I get old, I will go up north and drive slow in the left lane.” We think that it should be revised to read “When I get old, I am going up north in the summer and drive slow in the left lane.

Guess which camp that vehicle owner was in?

No comments:

Post a Comment