First off, the scheduled screenings were extremely similar to those done in the program that I ran for our client before I left Oregon. I had carefully read the work order for this week’s contract, and saw that each participant was supposed to have all of “his” screening done by one screener. The first thing that I found to be substandard was that the lead screener decided to set up the screening stations in a different manner. This first day on the job contrasted greatly with how my Oregon employer started her newly hired subcontractors, and not in a good way. Things went worse from there.
By the end of the first day my thoughts were bouncing off one another like electrons in a nuclear explosion! Unfortunately I needed to be on site again the next morning at 5am. With the nuclear explosion going off in my mind, I had the hardest time getting to sleep that night. It wasn’t until about midnight that I finally got to sleep. Unfortunately my travel roommate had her alarm set for 3am. I just lay there from 3am to 4am when my alarm went off. I am Miss Efficiency when it comes to getting ready in the morning, and I was out of the hotel door before 4:30am.
The second day had different challenges than the first one. While the screening stations were set up “according to Hoyle”, we were supposed to be screening 5 people every 15 minutes with only 4 screening stations. At the start of the day I already knew that there would not be enough stations, and I was proven correct. I figure I was seeing a new participant every 10 – 12 minutes, and was being hurried by the lead screener several times through the morning.
On my way home from the event I stopped to talk to my Oregon employer, thanking her for the various things that company either does for its employees or clients, like allowing each employee to have their own hotel room.
Saturday afternoon I finally got all of my thoughts down on electronic “paper”. The document turned out to be close to 3 pages long with 1 inch margins. Following the instructions of Joe Friday from Dragnet for “just the facts, ma’am”, I outlined my concerns and made recommendations. After a reading by Randy for approval I sent off the epistle to the person managing the screening program for this client. I can only hope that upper management will pay attention to my concerns, as some of them are rather important in my humble opinion.
I plan on giving this screening company another chance, but if nothing changes I will pursue the matter.
I plan on giving this screening company another chance, but if nothing changes I will pursue the matter.
No comments:
Post a Comment